HR Manager – Full TimePosted by October 26th, 2016
Are you looking to join a company that offers the opportunity to grow your career benefits and work in a growing and dynamic business? Cynergy Mechanical has just celebrated over 20 years in business and are looking to add an HR professional to our senior management team.
Cynergy Mechanical is a progressive, industry leading mechanical services firm. Progressive company growth has resulted in an immediate opening for a HR Manager to work with our senior management team and oversee all aspects of human resources management. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic self starter who has a passion for developing and engaging people and who can proactively develop human resources programs to effectively meet the needs of a changing organization.
The HR Manager role is critical role to our business. The HR Manager is responsible for evaluating our workforce on an ongoing basis, developing and overseeing all talent management programs, recruitment and on boarding programs, legal compliance, health and safety and policy development . The successful candidate will be able to effectively read, understand, and execute our existing collective agreement and understand best practices for collective agreement delivery to our workers.
Specific jobs responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the planning and development of human resources goals, objectives, and systems
- Talent Management: Oversee the development of all talent management programs including workforce planning and forecasting, onboarding, performance management, compensation, job descriptions/job evaluation, succession planning, and training and development activities
- Budgeting: Develop, analyze, and update the company’s HR and compensation budget
- Policy Development and Oversight: Develop all human resources related policies, programs and plans as they relate to company personnel, both employee and union, ensure legal compliance with applicable legislation, oversee effective application of policies, maintain and revise the company’s policy and procedure handbook as required.
- Benefits Administration: Administer Company benefits program and handle employee benefits queries as required.
- Recruitment: Oversee recruitment efforts for all personnel, including job postings, advertising, interviews, reference checks and offers of employment
- Employee Relations: Take a lead role in creating a culture of positive employee relations. Provide advice/counsel/mentoring to staff, coach managers/supervisors on employee relations, investigate and resolve workplace issues to ensure effective employee/employer relationship and develop effective people management practices
- HR Administration: Maintenance of department/personnel records, reports, participate in administrative staff meetings, maintain company directory and other organizational charts, conduct annual salary surveys, exit interviews, employee data administration including tracking vacation/sick time
- Labour Relations: Liaise with our Union, administer the collective agreement and participate in collective bargaining as required
- Health and Safety: Active participation in health and safety initiatives and oversight of the Company’s health and safety program, ensuring effective application of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, training programs, workplace inspections and accident investigations.
- Disability Management: Administer and coordinate worker’s compensation and disability claims, as well as return to work programs
- A minimum of five years of human resources experience in a related environment.
- A diploma or degree in human resources management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of applicable employment legislation (ESA, Human Rights Code, OHSA, AODA) and privacy legislation.
- Demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas including recruitment, performance management, compensation, employee relations, health and safety and labour relations
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Energetic, enthusiastic, engaging personality, a team player
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize effectively using time management and organizational skills
- Initiative, proactivity, ability to come forward with new ideas and opportunities for the Company to enhance HR programs
- Ability to relate to people at all levels and build trusted relationships
- Experience in a unionized environment would be an asset
Please note that applications will only be accepted on line and only those candidates that are selected for interviews will be contacted.
Cynergy Mechanical is committed to providing support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process or in order to successfully submit an application, please email or contact us at email@example.com.