Junior Mechanical Estimator – Full TimePosted by November 30th, 2018
Are you looking to join a company that offers excellent benefits and the opportunity to grow your career? Cynergy Mechanical is celebrating 25 years in business and we are looking to add an exciting role of a Junior Mechanical Estimator.
Cynergy is a progressive, industry leading mechanical services firm. Strong company growth has resulted in an immediate opening for a Junior Mechanical Estimator to work with our Senior Estimator.
The Mechanical Estimator is a critical role in the business. The Mechanical Estimator is responsible for ensuring our components are bid correctly and final pricing is competitive and achievable. What you will learn;
- You will learn how to construct bid spec’s and walkthrough an existing mechanical room to retrofit/rebuild.
- You will become an expert at evaluating mechanical rooms, drawings, and mechanical listings and be able to take your estimating career to the next level.
- You will work with a high-performance team and the best mechanics in the industry.
This is a career growth opportunity!
MECHANICAL ESTIMATOR RESPONSIBLITIES
- Accurately review tender drawings and specifications
- Working in an office environment with computers and drawings
- Perform quantity take-offs from tender drawings
- Cost out potential scope of work
OTHER SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Able to read mechanical drawings and understand basic components and equipment schedules.
- Experience with new construction and retrofit mechanical projects including: boiler replacements, chiller replacements, cooling tower replacement, building re-pipes, LEED new construction and retrofit projects
- Ensure adherence to project management standards and practices
- Able to understand General Contractor requirements
- Understand air handling systems
- Lead the communication of information to all stakeholders at critical points
- Ensure all deliverables are documented and timelines and objectives are achieved
- Maintain documentation of changes/ revisions and related issues or decisions
- Working in a high-paced environment with the ability to time manage projects
- Independent Thinker/ Highly motivated individual
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Strong Multi-tasking ability and able to think on your feet in a fact paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid Drivers license
- Traveling occasionally as required for site visits
- Understand and able to be effective using Accubid
- Team Player Attitude
- Consistently and accurately formulate all tender costs; equipment, and procure subcontractor
scope and costs
- Be able to communicate effectively to General Contractors and sub trades
- Close tenders-including tender reviews and sub-proposal reviews and analysis.
- Accountable for accuracy of tender submissions
- Maintain files and correspondence on active jobs
- Monitor active projects and provide job cost evaluation to management
We offer a competitive benefits package. For full details please apply my emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
If you are shortlisted for the role, we will require a job to be spec’d out and bid on as part of the final verification of competency for the role.