Project ManagerPosted by October 12th, 2018
Cynergy Mechanical Ltd. is a full service commercial and industrial HVAC/R and Plumbing Services company. We have been providing a “best in class” single resource mechanical services solution to clients throughout the GTA area and Southwestern Ontario since 1994. We have built a solid reputation by simply focusing on the customer. Our high levels of customer satisfaction and retention are sustained through quality workmanship, attention to detail, courteous prompt service and comprehensive follow-up. We are a fully insured and licensed company with experienced technicians always ready to perform the highest quality of service. We offer 365-day 24/7 emergency service and peace of mind service contracts.
Due to an extensive growth, Cynergy Mechanical is actively seeking a Project Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the ideal candidate will primarily be responsible for overseeing all current construction projects. In addition, this role will ensure quality, schedules and designs are met while conforming to set budget. The Project Manager will work with clients before and throughout the project as well as acquire suitable materials, hire quality contractors and direct employees of the organization.
If you are a self-starter who has strong drive towards execution, we want to hear from you! Ideal experience should include 3 years of progressive project management experience in a mechanical field and strong leadership skills.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee full cycle construction projects from issuance of purchase order to release of final payment/holdback
- Work with construction administrator to ensure all pre-project and closeout documents are provided
- Responsible for completing project schedule detailing all aspects of project form start date to final walkthrough
- Inspect and assess projects at the start and at each milestone and attend all project site meetings, addressing customer concerns at all times
- Attend all project site meetings and address customer concerns
- During the course of all projects ensure that all required materials are on site in a timely manner and that sub trades are adhering to their schedule
- Ensure all operations relating to sub trades and onsite management for all construction projects operate in a smooth and professional manner
- Ensure all construction personnel are dressed in required safety gear, equipment and following all WSIB and Health & Safety regulations
- Review and sign off on all construction supplier and sub trade invoices
- Review and sign off on all construction hours worked
- Review and approve/decline all construction personnel personal expenses
- Prepare Schedule of values with construction administrator for accounting to invoice
- Coordinate inspections for construction projects as required (TSSA/Electrical/Gas/City/etc.)
- Relay project information to construction administrator to maintain a work on hand schedule/forecast
- Order all equipment and material for construction projects and relay information to construction administrator to issue a vendor purchase order
- Review and approve/decline all construction personnel vacation requests. Relay information to administration for tracking
- Review, oversea and implement all project change orders from submission to billing
- Relay construction labour requirements to service manager for dispatching daily
- Provide updates to all customers, engineers, or general contractors for projects
- Review and signoff on Clean Workplace Sheet and Project Walk Thru Sheet for all projects upon completion
- Provide President with bi-weekly project status reports for all ongoing projects
- Some local travel may be required
- University or College Diploma or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a sales-related field, construction industry preferred
- Superior leadership and project management skills
- Ability to identify and resolve customer concerns, capacity to see the big picture
- Strong skills in planning, organization, development, implementation and interpretation of business goals, objectives, and policies
- Strong financial acumen
A competitive compensation package, including salary, incentives and full benefits package, will be offered to the successful candidate.
Cynergy Mechanical Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Cynergy Mechanical Ltd. will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.