4 Things to Do for Your Commercial HVAC System Now to Prevent Breakdowns Later OnPosted by May 4th, 2017
The need for commercial HVAC repair can quickly compromise the efficiency and effectiveness of your operations. To prevent the need for commercial HVAC repair on an emergency basis, here are some things you can do to keep your equipment up and running for greater functionality and efficiency:
- Take complaints seriously — Did a customer recently complain about the temperature in your building? Did an employee let you know that your HVAC system has been failing to keep their workspace cool? Take these complaints seriously and look into them to identify whether an HVAC problem is present.
- Stay on top of your HVAC system’s age — How old is your current commercial HVAC system? If it’s more than a decade old, you should be in the market for replacement. Don’t put off replacing your old equipment because systems that are older tend to experience frequent breakdowns.
- Calibrate your thermostats –– If your location’s thermostats fail to correctly read the temperature in your building, you’re going to have a hard time maintaining a comfortable space.
- Replace the filters –– Just like you need to replace the HVAC filters in your home, you also need to do it in your building to encourage proper airflow throughout. Add this to your facility maintenance director’s regular maintenance checklist to make sure it gets done.
- Sign up for preventative maintenance –– One of the best ways to prevent emergency problems with your HVAC system is to make preventative maintenance a priority. Our team at Cynergy Mechanical Ltd. would be more than happy to help you keep your commercial HVAC system in good shape throughout the year.