Get Ready for Summer with New Air Conditioner InstallationPosted by September 21st, 2017
If you have a home or business that you want to be comfortable year round, you don’t want to wait until the middle of the summer to think about air conditioner installation. Maybe you are constructing a new building, or maybe you are unhappy with the current HVAC system you have. Whatever your reason, a new air conditioner installation is a serious investment, and you are going to want to make sure it is done right the first time.
The exact air conditioner installation process is going to be different for each job because no two buildings are exactly alike. Each contractor will have their own way of doing things, and the type of unit you decide to install will also impact the overall process.
However, there are some things you should expect your contractor to do during your air conditioner installation:
- If you have an existing system to remove, the cost to take it apart and haul it off should be part of your written estimate.
- Your contractor should ensure that permits are in place and inspections are scheduled as needed.
- You will either use the ductwork that is already installed or expect new ductwork installation.
- You will need to decide where the outdoor unit will be. Because of the noise created by this unit, you may want to avoid putting it just outside of a bedroom.
- You will want to discuss what kind of thermostat you want. These now range from basic to units that can be programmed and even controlled remotely by smart phones or computers.
- Once your new system is charged and started, your contractor should complete a thorough inspection to ensure that it is working well.