Slash Your Business’ Heating Bills this Winter with these Energy Management TipsPosted by February 12th, 2015
Paying to heat your building during the winter is likely a large expense. If you want to cut down your utility bills this winter, these simple energy management tips may be able to help. For enhanced energy management and reduced heating bills:
- Try reducing the thermostat in your building by at least one degree. Although lowering the thermostat may not seem like it will have a large impact, it can significantly reduce what you pay for heating throughout the duration of the winter.
- Close off any rooms in your building that you do not use. For example, if there is a large storage area with nothing in it on your property, shut off the heating vents in this room.
- If your building uses ceiling fans, reverse the switch so the air blows upwards towards the ceiling.
- Make sure that any bushes or branches dotting your building’s landscape are properly pruned so the sunlight is fully able to shine through into your building.
- When the sun is out during the day, open up all of the blinds in your building to let in this light instead of turning on the light switches.
One other energy management tip we highly recommend to help you reduce your heating bills this winter is to let us come and do a tune-up on your commercial heating system. During this inspection, we will ensure that your system is working as efficiently as possible, so you are not paying more than you should to heat your building when the temperature outside starts to drop.