The 7 Steps to Easy Summer CoolingPosted by May 4th, 2015
Summer can be trying, especially as the mercury spikes along with the humidity. Here are a few easy steps to keep your cool during the hottest of summer months.
- Keep your thermostat set to 22 C (78 F) during the summer months. This lowers the cooling stress on the HVAC or chiller system you may have.
- Keep windows shut during the day. Keeping sun-facing windows closed with shades drawn will also decrease heating due to direct solar exposure.
- Shade, in the form of shade trees or awnings, can help east- and west-facing windows avoid extensive or extreme solar exposure.
- Have your chiller or HVAC system serviced in the spring before you would generally need the cooling portion of that system. This can solve wear and tear on the heating systems from the winter that just past and also avoid costly breakdowns during the hottest months of the year.
- Replacing an older air-conditioner can save you tons on your energy bill. We can get you the most efficient unit that also can get you money back from the SaveOnEnergy program. In a humid climate, this unit should also work to lower the interior humidity.
- Providing shade to your external A/C or HVAC system can improve the cooling efficiency of that unit between 5 and 10 percent.
- Work with a professional to find the most efficient ways to keep your building and your HVAC system working together for the good of your building and your utility bill.
Cynergy Mechanical is dedicated to helping our customers make the most efficient use of their building by providing maintenance, repair, and installation on all types of HVAC, plumbing, and other utility systems. Let us help you today!