Warning Signs that You Need Air Conditioner Repair NowPosted by September 21st, 2017
You do not want to wait until your air conditioner fails completely to call a repairman. You also don’t want to suddenly realize on a hot summer day that your air conditioner isn’t working. Keep an eye out for some of the warning signs your air conditioner may exhibit before it fails, and call a technician for air conditioner repair before it is too late.
Here are some signs that you need to think about air conditioner repair sooner rather than later:
- One of the most common indicators that you need air conditioner repair is a change in the noises your air conditioning systems makes. If you hear any new clicking, grinding or hisses coming from your HVAC system, pay close attention to how it is performing.
- Your air conditioner is running constantly or is turning off and on more than it once did. You may also notice a sudden increase in your bill that can’t be explained by weather fluctuations.
- Your home just isn’t getting cool enough, no matter what you do with the thermostat.
- You notice temperature differences in your home. This could be an issue with home efficiency, but if it is a new problem, it may be an issue with your ductwork.
- You have reduced airflow from your vents. Check your vents first to ensure that they are open, and check the air filter. Ductwork issues or the blower fan malfunctioning can also cause reduced airflow.
- You find ice anywhere on your air conditioning system. This could be caused by dirty coils, air filters that need cleaning, or not having enough refrigerant in the system.